Lunesta (Eszopiclone) 3mg is used to treat the symptoms found in individuals with insomnia. This medication makes it easier for people to fall asleep. It also helps them to continue through the night with unbroken sleep. This medication has a calming effect on individuals. It alters the chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced and causing sleep problems in people.
Contact your physician to learn about all the benefits of this medication.
Always follow the prescription that your doctor has provided. Do not take Lunesta in a higher or lower dose than indicated.
This medication should be taken orally.
The recommended dosage for Lunesta is 1 mg, once a day. This dose should be taken just before you are planning to go to bed.
Taking this medication after a large meal will reduce its absorption rate and will lower its efficiency.
Do not exceed a dose of 3 mg of Lunesta. It may be present in your system the following morning and impair your ability to perform daily functions.
Do not take this medication if you are not planning on being inactive for at least eight hours. If you forgot to take your dose, do not take extra to make up for it. Only take your recommended dosage before you go to sleep.
In the event of an overdose, contact your medical emergency services.
The more common side effects to be experienced with Lunesta (Eszopiclone) 3mg are:
- four_dot_bullet_red Disorientation
- four_dot_bullet_red Lack of co-ordination
- four_dot_bullet_red Anxiousness during the day
- four_dot_bullet_red Agitation
- four_dot_bullet_red Changes in mood
- four_dot_bullet_red Changes in mental processes
The less common side effects associated with this medication are:
- four_dot_bullet_red Extreme sleepiness
- four_dot_bullet_red Difficulty with breathing
- four_dot_bullet_red Discomfort in chest
- four_dot_bullet_red Gasping
- four_dot_bullet_red Irritation of the skin
- four_dot_bullet_red Aggression or belligerence
- four_dot_bullet_red Changes in temperament
- four_dot_bullet_red Problems with remembering
In the event you experience any of these side effects, contact your doctor immediately.
- four_dot_bullet_red Inform your doctor if you are pregnant and have been prescribed with Lunesta. Contact your physician before you begin breastfeeding your child.
- four_dot_bullet_red Do not take this medication if you have an allergy to eszopiclone.
- four_dot_bullet_red Inform your doctor if you have: a history of liver disease, breathing problems, prone to depression or depressive symptoms, a history of alcohol or drug abuse.
- four_dot_bullet_red Do not drink alcohol while taking Lunesta. The alcohol may augment the effects of the
- four_dot_bullet_red Do not take Lunesta with any other medications or supplements that produce a drowsy or sedative effect.
- four_dot_bullet_red Do not take any drugs containing rifampicin or ketoconazole along with Lunesta.
- four_dot_bullet_red Inform your doctor if you have been prescribed medication for depression, pain, anxiety, or seizures. These medications may have a negative interaction with Lunesta.
- four_dot_bullet_red Older adults can be more susceptible to the effects of Lunesta and may experience prolonged lethargy or lack of coordination.
- four_dot_bullet_red You may experience amnesia if you do not get at least eight hours of sleep after taking this
- four_dot_bullet_red Avoid driving, operating machinery, or any activity that may require mental effort until you are aware of the effect that this medication may have on you.